Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Studio | Sneak Peek

 rough sketches in pencil
 blocking with a light wash
adding layers of washes and details
****
Sometimes a project dictates the way you work. 
When I'm working on my own I rarely ever draw anything out, 
but I'm going to have to do a lot of drawing in the next month or so.
I have a pile of kneaded erasers, drafting pencils and my artograph light pad,
which is great for positioning a drawing under the watercolor paper and 
eliminating unsightly pencil marks on the original.
I can't tell you what I'm working on yet, 
but I'll share little snippets along the way.
See you soon!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I love seeing your works in progress!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Hmmm. . .exciting things happening for you. Looking forward to hearing about it. Best. . .

holly aka golly said...

Gloria: Yes, fun, exciting, and different (for me)!

emma said...

Dear Golly Bard,

I do love seeing your work in progress. Makes one admire your work even more when it is stripped down to the nuts and bolts. Can I ask you what size lightpad you use? I have never come across them before. I have been asking my electrician husband to make me one for too many years now for my graphic design work!

Best wishes,

Emma

holly aka golly said...

Emma: I am using the large Artograph LED light pad. I don't use it much for fine art work, however it's so great and so helpful for illustration projects and other design work especially. You can buy here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/artograph-led-lightpad-series/